Access English Centre (AEC)
The Access English Centre, AEC, offers newcomers the opportunity to practice their English language skills in a conversational setting.
Classes are facilitated by volunteers who receive training and ongoing support from the AEC team.
(photo) AEC Volunteer Orientation/Training Session
Conversation Groups are offered to EAL learners of all levels (no restrictions on status) at various times during the week and focus on topics of interest and importance to adult newcomers.
The Access English Centre welcomes newcomers:
- Who want to improve their English listening and speaking skills
- Who are waiting to enter a formal EAL class
- Who want to supplement their learning
- Who seek for personal goals (e.g. better job, change field)
- Who are not eligible or not currently attending Adult EAL programs
The AEC Volunteer Facilitators range from students and full-time workers, who are willing to spare some time, to experienced teachers eager to keep themselves busy doing what they love most. The AEC staff members ensure that every volunteer has a rewarding experience.
Find us on Twitter @