Volunteering at the Immigrant Centre is an excellent opportunity to:
- welcome newcomers to Manitoba
- share your skills and knowledge with others
- be a positive influence in someone’s life
- meet new friends
- learn new skills
- gain work experience
- give back to the community
For Interpreter opportunities with the Language Bank, refer to the position description below then click here to apply
We are currently seeking interpreters for the following languages:
Schedule and Availability
- Must be available for appointments on weekdays between 8:30 a.m. and 5:00 p.m.
Duties and Responsibilities
Provide accurate oral (spoken) interpretation of information in various environments such as:
- police station
- government offices
- Immigrant Centre
- medical & dental appointments
- legal office
- other agencies
Qualifications and Skills
- Fluent in language specified
- Fluent in English with minimum English CLB of 8 or equivalent
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Good time management and organization skills
- Previous interpreting experience an asset
Have you volunteered at the Immigrant Centre? Are you currently volunteering at the Immigrant Centre? Please click here to fill in the anonymous Volunteer Feedback Form.
Meet our Stars!
Every month, we profile one of our many talented and dedicated volunteers. You can see read about our featured volunteers on our Volunteer of the Month page.