Volunteer involvement is an essential part of, and a major asset to the overall operation of the Immigrant Centre.
The Centre depends on volunteers to enhance our services and programs, serve more newcomers and contribute towards building a stronger community and city.
Each month, an average of 120 volunteers donate their time and skills to help the Centre deliver essential programs and services free of charge to our clients.
Volunteering at the Immigrant Centre is an excellent opportunity to:
- welcome newcomers to Manitoba
- share your skills and knowledge with others
- be a positive influence in someone’s life
- meet new friends
- learn new skills
- gain work experience
- give back to the community
For Interpreter opportunities with the Language Bank, refer to the position description below then click here to apply
We are currently seeking interpreters for the following languages:
Schedule and Availability
- Must be available on weekdays between 8:30 a.m. and 5:00 p.m.
Duties and Responsibilities
Provide accurate oral (spoken) interpretation of information in various environments such as:
- police station
- government offices
- Immigrant Centre
- medical & dental appointments
- legal office
- other agencies
Qualifications and Skills
- Fluent in language specified
- Fluent in English with minimum English CLB of 8 or equivalent
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Good time management and organization skills
- Previous interpreting experience an asset
Have you volunteered at the Immigrant Centre? Are you currently volunteering at the Immigrant Centre? Please click here to fill in the anonymous Volunteer Feedback Form.
Meet our Stars!
Every month, we profile one of our many talented and dedicated volunteers. You can see read about our featured volunteers on our Volunteer of the Month page.