The Immigrant Centre depends on volunteers to enhance its services to newcomers. Here is a list of some of the volunteer opportunities:
- One-on-one tutoring (English, computer skills or preparation for Citizenship test)
- Facilitating an English conversation group
- Facilitating Citizenship Class
- Assisting in Cooking Matters Course (an 8-week cooking and nutrition class)
- General Administration (photocopying, filing, data entry)
- Communications (writing personal or client stories, blogging, covering events…)
- Videography (capturing events, interviewing clients…)
- Interpreting and translation
The minimum commitment is two hours per week for a 3-month period, depending on the opportunity. Please browse our website to learn more about our services.
If you are interested in volunteering at the Immigrant Centre please fill in the online application. Volunteer Services will be in contact with you to arrange an over-the-phone or in-person interview. If you do not receive a response within 1 week please contact Rebecca at (204) 943-9969 ext. 300 or firstname.lastname@example.org
On August 22, Immigrant Centre hosted its annual job fair in which over 800 newcomers [...]September 2, 2014
We are pleased to launch our free computer training starting this month. To learn [...]July 16, 2014
Are you struggling with the snow? Newcomers Yi Zhong and Luz Nayibe Ramirez help us all to think positive!
Whether you are a newcomer facing your first winter, or a life long Winnipegger, when [...]November 27, 2013