Client Success Story
Name: Yan Ying Wu
Country of Origin: China
Date of Employment Services Intake: Feb 2014
Date Hired: May 12, 2014
Job Title: Actuarial Summer Intern
Employer: Great West Life
- How did the Immigrant Centre help you to find a job in Canada?
My facilitator helped me and taught me how to make a good resume in a clear, proper way in Canada. They taught me how to behave in a meeting, interview, etc.
- What types of job search techniques did you use to find your job?
– Friends, classmates, co-workers, school advisors
– Job Fairs
– Search Online
- What differences have you noticed between working in Canada and working in your home country?
In Canada, I work at a slower pace, more details, more respect in the workplace. I’m expected to be more initiatived.
Advice to other Immigrants/Newcomers:
- What advice would you give to immigrants and newcomers looking for work?
Try everything new. Talk to people around you, leave contact numbers, make more friends. Don’t be afraid to fight for any opportunity. Every work experience is good experience.